The COLOMED project includes a series of activities aimed at promoting the improvement of knowledge and treatments for colorectal cancer in the Mediterranean countries:
- Creating strategic partnerships between the centers involved.
- Broadening scientific cooperation among research groups.
- Promoting investments in colorectal cancer research.
- Fostering technology transfer between the centers operating in the field of research and treatment of colorectal cancer, in the Mediterranean area.
- Creating mini-courses for the scientific updating of young researchers.
- Creating a reference point to provide information and updates on colorectal cancer, ongoing clinical trials and innovative treatments.
- Organizing scientific workshops hosted by the centers involved in the project, with the aim of sharing knowledge and information, promoting cooperation among colorectal cancer specialists and researchers, in the Mediterranean area.
- Offering information, updates, latest news and scientific brochures.